Friday, May 28, 2004

Can you hear it?

(dun dun)

There....hear it?

(dun dun)

Its getting closer.....

(dun dun dun dun)


Summer officially starts in 4 1/2 hours. AARRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Today is the last day of school and its a half day. Dylan will be home by 9:45, Chris (if he makes it thru the day) will be home at 12:30 and Eddie at 1:30. And then its summer time!

My fondest memory of my last day of school? Last day of junior year, we felt invincible because WE were now the seniors!! A bunch of us hopping in our cars and throwing in our "5150" tapes, pulling out of the driveway singing "Summer Nights" as loud as we could. We owned the world!

Chris isn't feeling well today. He's complaining of a sore throat and had a very slight fever. I told him he had to go to school. He has his awards ceremony today, report cards, get friends number and emails, etc. He whined but said he would go. I gave him some asprin so he should be fine. I really think he is just sad about it being the last day of elementary school. He's whole world will change. He hasn't really wanted to go to school all week. I did let him stay home yesterday. I will talk to him when he gets home.

Still not sure if my sister is coming or not. As of yesterday afternoon she .....speak of the devil, up pops an email from her. BRB.
She's not coming. Plumbing problems, house floating away. :(

5 Comments:

At May 28, 2004 at 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the last days of school.

Final exams, then we could go home the rest of the day, then the final day, the last smell of the diesel fumes until the school year began anew. The excited jumble of voices as we emptied our lockers and entered the green seats of our buses.

I hope your sister and you get together soon.

Evil One

 
At May 28, 2004 at 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it wasn't really aspirin. That can cause a disease known as Reye's syndrome. Please, give a person under the age of 30 only acetominophen or ibuprofin. I had a cousin die from Reye's syndrome, it's not pretty.

 
At May 28, 2004 at 8:06 AM, Blogger Robin said...

No, not asprin. That is my generic term for any pain/fever reducer.
Just to clarify, it was jr strenght Tylenol.

 
At May 28, 2004 at 8:09 AM, Blogger Robin said...

(((Amy))) Glad to see you back :)

The other day Dylan was talking about how pools smell funny. I told him thats the clorine they put in the pool to help it stay clean. He thought for a minute and then said that it kinda smells good too, it reminds him of the pool. I lol and said it is a summer smell that we all love.

 
At May 29, 2004 at 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, the kids are home. Mine fought horribly yesterday and I was ready to kill them by the end of the day.

Our last day of school, we used to take cans of shaving cream and get into shaving cream battles! That was middle school -- high school, we took water guns.

They don't allow any of that now. What did it hurt, anyway?

I hope Chris is feeling better!

Marcia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home