Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Now that I have calmed down and don't feel like killing a stupid adult, I can post........

Yesterday, Chris was late home from school. At the 10 minutes late mark, I called the bus barn to find out what was going on. I was put on hold for another 10 minutes while they find out where his bus is. I finally see him walking to the apartment from another direction, not his usual route. So I hang up with the bus barn and ask him why he is late. He had a substitute driver who didn't know where to go and on top of that another parent wanted her child dropped off somewhere else. Chris said they had to stop several times so the driver could call in for directions. So I call the bus barn back and talk to the supervisor who told me that yes it was a substitute driver and that he did know where he was going. After a few minutes of trying to get the truth out of her (because she finally did admit he didn't know where he was going) she made mention of "I'm being a grown up here", I asked her what she meant by that and she said "just what I said, I'm a grown up." I hung up on her. I was furious. If I had any other way to get my kids to school and not use their buses I would. She was making me feel like I was being ridiculous about worrying where my son was and haveing a driver that didn't know where to go. I'm so sick and tired of being treated like an idiot because I am home worrying about my kids, that I actually care what my kids do and where they are.
Momma bear, hear me ROAR!!!!!

On a good note, Eddie brought home his course selection for next year. He wants to take Home Ec and Leadership Development Corps (jr high version of ROTC). I made sure that he knew he would be one of a few boys in home ec. He said there are few of his friends signing up for it also.

Off to take Dylan and Tyler to the bus stop.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home