Thursday, February 26, 2004

Eddie's surgical adventure.....

He was just fine as long as his GameBoy was in his tight grip. Once I, the nurses or Dr ask him to put it down and listen to us the tears came. So the Dr. gave him a challenge....see how long he can play it after he gets the gas. Eddie was ready for it. So after his "happy juice" he was ready to go. Dr. says he'll see me in about 45 minutes. Hour and a half later he comes out, says everything is fine, he did great and it didn't take him very long to go to sleep playing his games. Even joked that he played for a little while. LOL

I go back to Eddie in recovery. He's still sound asleep. Gawd he looks just like his father (speaking of, who has not called to check on his son yet!!). After about 10 minutes he starts waking up and saying it hurts. Nurse gives him some meds thru the IV. Another nurse walks by asking how much he's getting and says its not enough if hes crying. He needs 25. So she pushes more. Eddie still hurts, so they push another 10. He starts to calm down, in and out of it. Nurses let him have a popsicle. He sucks on it here and there between naps. Then he wakes up and is ready to go home. He's hurting again and they give him the last 15 of whatever pain med it was they where giving him. And since he is ready to go home they give him his first dose of antibiotic and tell him to wait 20 more minutes to make sure he keeps it down. He's awake and restless. Finally he is free. He loved his wheelchair ride out to the van. Drop of his prescriptions on the way home.

Once we are home he sets up camp on the couch and sleeps the next 3 hours. He wakes up and tells me he is in pain and then asks to play GameCube. I tell him go ahead while I get his Tylenol 3 and antibiotics. He tries to eat some yogurt but its hurts too much. I found the pain chart in the paper work and he says he is about a 3. Later I made spaghetti and he said he would try to eat some....ate 1 bite. Hasn't asked for anymore pain meds either.

This morning, he is fine and playing video games. Still hasn't asked for anymore pain meds. I just made him some Ramen noodle soup.

I will rant about myself later....I have laundry to do right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home