Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I woke up at 4am stressing out over money. I hate that. I was worried about calling the bully's parents about Eddie's coat and also on how we would come up with $200 by tomorrow so we have electricity.

So I called the bully's house and talked to his father. He apologized many times for bully's behavior and said he would stop by today with a check to cover the cost of a new coat. Then he starts telling me about something going on at school....

Bully and Eddie are in the same special ed class and their teacher was "let go" right before the Christmas break. I didn't really think anything of it. Now bully's dad is telling me that he is glad I called and that I was the last parent he hasn't talked to about the teacher leaving. He said that the school will not tell the parents why she left, just that she broke school policy and that she was transferred to another school. While they are looking for a new teacher there are 2 teachers that are not qualified to work with special ed students. Bully's dad is upset about this. He kept saying that bully's grades and attitude has gone way down since she left. Eddie hasn't said a thing about any of this (not like I expect him too). Eddie failed math but that's not a special ed class. Anyhoo, he kept going on and on about how they are all going to the board about this and if they have to they will support her legally. I just listened to him babble. I have no idea why she left, I'm sure the school has their reasons, and I'm not concerned about the 2 new teachers. Eddie hasn't suffered from the changes. Sounds to me like bully is failing and they want to blame it on the school.

Now the electricity....we pay thru the apartments (sub-metered). Due to things beyond my control, we came up $200 short on rent last month. No biggie. Manager was cool about it. 2 days ago we get a cut off notice on the door. I'm thinking, ok we need to pay it but I would have liked a few more days notice. So I go talk to the manager today and she said not to worry about it. If we don't have it by tomorrow there's nothing we can do. She will not cut our lights off. Just have it in by the end of the month. That I can handle. ( I was soooo prepared for a come back tho if she said she needed the money.....her best friend lives here in the complex and hasn't paid rent in 3 months. She would have to evict her first before she got anymore money from me.)

So now I am sitting here waiting to see if I am babysitting today or not. I'm kinda hoping she doesn't show up. She did that last week too....told me she needed me and then never showed up. If she doesn't show up today I will not be watching the baby. I can understand that she needs someone to watch her, but she needs to understand I have a life (yeah right) and can't be waiting on her to decide if she needs me or not. Poor girl is maybe 19, if even that. The baby is 1. She needs to grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home