Saturday, January 24, 2004

The car needs work on done to it. Paul got home from picking up Trey and Vince and said the engine was clanking. Not a good thing to hear. He said he checked the oil and water and they where fine. He managed to get home with out it dying on him. I can drive it to the store which is not even a mile away round trip. So of course I start stressing over money. He just got paid and since they didn't take out the insurance payment last check, they took the whole amount out of this one so we are already short $350. Now the car!! UGH!!

So I go over the bills again and scrimp and save here and there. Nothing. I scrimped enough that we wouldn't starve the next 2 weeks. That still leaves us with a car we are scared to drive.

Then the mail comes. Thank you, Paul's w-2 is in the mail. So I run up to the convience store I worked at last summer to see if, by chance, the w-2's are ready. They are!! So I run back home and grab all the w-2's and go over our taxes. If I figured them right, we would get back a little over $3300. Now to just wait till Kelli gets home so we can borrow her car to go get our taxes done at Hewlett Jackson.

Kelli gets home and lets us use the car. Off we go. Turns out I did the numbers wrong....we should get back $3400. WooHoo!!! We MIGHT get it back tomorrow, if not it will be Monday. Then the car will go straight to the shop to get the clanking taken car of and get the drivers side door fixed. What ever is left over goes straight into a savings account. I'm so tired of not having any savings. Paul being unemployed for so long took a huge bite out of our savings. I also need to save some money for April when I can take advantage of a certain amnesty program the city holds every year 8(
(anyone curious, feel free to email me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home