Thursday, June 03, 2004

Ok, maybe someone can explain to me why anyone would want to own a rooster in a residential neighborhood.
The apartments I live in are backed up to a trailer park. Not the best thing to see when I look out my window, but oh well. Anyhoo, months ago the idiot in the trailer right behind us decided to get a rooster to go with his chickens. No biggie, it was cute at first. A week later I was ready for some fried chicken. The damn thing woke us all up at 5 am. Paul called the non-emergency number to the cops and asked them about it. Nothing they can do. Its not against ordinance to keep a rooster in the trailer park. Annoying yes, but not breaking any rules. If we want to fight it go to the city council meetings. I say phooey on them. I wrote out a "nice" little note and walked over to the trailer at 6am. I knocked on their door. No answer because they are (shock) asleep. So I put the note on their door. The note said something along the lines of this is not a farm, did you ask your neighbors if they wanted to be woken up at 5 every freakin morning, etc. It worked, they got the point. I hadn't heard the damn rooster before 8 am.
Until this past weekend. I hear it at 5am again. I guess they think since school is out the damn thing isn't interupting anyones sleep.
Anyone for a chicken fry?

7 Comments:

At June 3, 2004 at 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When's dinner? I don't kill my own meat. I'm definitely not plucking or deskinning or deboning or deanything that bird, but I support your desire to do so. I feel the same way about unruly canines, or maybe I loathe the owners more . . .

EVIL ONE

 
At June 3, 2004 at 1:36 PM, Blogger Robin said...

LOL
I would pay someone to do the dirty work, I'll just cook it.

 
At June 3, 2004 at 2:18 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Are you sure you don't live near me? Last night we noticed a rooster crowing and he's been at it all day. I made a similar chicken dinner comment when the neighbor got the hens. At least this one's quiet at night. If he perks up, I'll bring my offering over and we'll have a huge spread. ;)

 
At June 3, 2004 at 3:00 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Nope, we are not neighbors. This rooster has been here for months now. There's about 4 hens out there too, so we would have a huge feast! LOL

 
At June 3, 2004 at 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!

Sorry, but it's funny. We almost live in the same town. A woman up the street once thought it was okay to have sheep in her front yard.

 
At June 3, 2004 at 9:52 PM, Blogger Pez said...

Cockadoodle-Doo! I hope the rooster is quiet tomorrow morning.

 
At June 4, 2004 at 6:03 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Anon, I think a sheep would be quiet. Are they?
Pez, just as I read this, the damn rooster cockadoodled. LOL I heard it again this morning. Just threw a pillow over my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home